Celebrities News●0 min read●
Dex, the firstborn of Dana Carvey, died from a drug overdose on Wednesday evening. He was just 32. The “Wayne’s World” star and Paula, his wife, issued a statement and disclosed the heartbreaking news on Thursday.
The statement said, “Last night, we suffered a terrible tragedy. Our beloved son, Dex, died of an accidental drug overdose. He was 32 years old. Dex packed a lot into those 32 years. He was extremely talented at so many things — music, art, film making, comedy — and pursued all of them passionately.”
The couple mentioned that their son was a people person, he made people fall in love with life, but most of all, his family was important to him. He loved his family and friends and was very much in love with Kaylee, her girlfriend.
The statement added, “Dex was a beautiful person. His handmade birthday cards are a treasure. We will miss him forever.” Paula and 68-year-old Dana ended the statement by praying for those who are “struggling with addiction.”
According to a report by TMZ, Dex passed away after the responders rushed to his place after getting a call from Kaylee, his girlfriend. It was somewhere around 10 p.m. PT. when the authorities discovered him, he was unresponsive. He had locked himself inside the washroom.
The paramedics tried hard to revive him, but it went in vain. The online database of the Los Angeles Medical Examiner confirmed that he died at home, and they have also scheduled an autopsy.
Dex opened for the Netflix special back in 2016, “Straight White Male.” Back then, he gave all the material he had worked on. It discussed all, from Pride parades to small anecdotes about his father.