Music●0 min read●
One question has at least once crossed our minds when we see incredibly talented and versatile personalities. This question is whether that brilliant person is born talented or has built that skill by rigorously practicing for days and nights to reach the fame where he is currently. My personal opinion is that people who are extremely good in their field of work are gifted with the talent they possess, which they hone with sheer dedication to be the best in what they are doing.
And, one such talented artist is Udit Narayan, who became a singing sensation in the 90s who can still give a tough fight to today’s young singers. All the Udit Narayan songs, both solo, and duet have been chartbusters, which are even loved by the younger generation.
Born on December 1, 1955, in Bihar (India), Udit Narayan rose to stardom as a leading playback singer in Bollywood from the very beginning. From yesteryear actors to present-day actors, Udit Narayan has playback for top-notch actors who are at the helm of the movie industry, namely, Amitabh Bachhan, Dev Anand, Rajesh Khanna, Shah Rukh Khan, Aamir Khan, Hrithik Roshan, Salman Khan, Ajay Devgan, Akshay Kumar and many more.
Soon he became the first choice of very top music directors or composers who only wanted him to lend his melodious voice to the songs they were composing. His Bollywood journey began in the year 1980 when Rajesh Roshan approached him to playback for his film Unees-Bees, after which Udit Narayan songs became a saga as the songs were on everybody’s lips.
In the early days of his singing career, Udit Narayan got the opportunity to sing duets with many senior and highly respectable singers and music composers, like Lata Mangeshkar, Mohammad Rafi, Kishore Kumar, and Suresh Wadkar. But, the milestone that changed his life for the better and brought Udit Narayan to the limelight was the chance to playback in the movie Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak that was offered to him by Anand-Milind in the year 1988 in which he did a duet with his very dear friend and female playback colleague Alka Yagnik.
The song was ‘Papa Kehte Hain,’ which earned him the prestigious Filmfare Award for the best male playback singer category. But, what he believes is that out of all the Udit Narayan songs, ‘Pehla Nasha‘ from ‘Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikandar‘ movie gave him superstardom.
Throughout the 2000s decade (2000-2010), Udit Narayan delivered hit songs back to back. In this ear, the popular tracks he sang were ‘Sunta Hai Mera Khuda‘ (Pukar), ‘Dil Ne Yeh Kaha Hai Dil Se‘ (Dhadkan), ‘Mitwa‘ (Lagaan), ‘Bairi Piya‘ (Devdas), and more such melodies from the movies Veer-Zaara, Dil To Pagal Hai, etc.
The chartbuster Udit Narayan songs paved the way to a feat that only he holds, which is the only male playback singer to have won Filmfare Awards in over three decades in the history of Filmfare, i.e. in the 1980s, 1990s, and 2000s. It’s time to know the smashing hit songs, which Udit Narayan has sung in his illustrious playback career.
List Of Udit Narayan Songs That Were Smashing Hits And Is Still Trending On Chartbusters
Udit Narayan added another feather on his golden hat when the BBC featured 21 of his tracks in their list of “Top 40 Bollywood Songs Of All Time.’ He has sung over 25000 songs in 36 different languages. Now, let us see which are the evergreen Udit Narayan songs.
1. Ae Mere Humsafar (Duet with Alka Yagnik), Papa Kehte Hain (Solo):
Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak.
2. Mujhe Neend Na Aaye, Hum Pyaar Karne Wale, Humne Ghar Choda Hai:
Duet with Anuradha Paudwal and Sadhna Sargam from the movie Dil.
3. Bin Tere Sanam Mar Mitenge Hum (Duet with Kavita Krishnamurthy):
4. Dhak Dhak Karne Laga, Koyal Si Teri Boli (Duet with Anuradha Paudwal):
5. Yahan Ke Hum Sikandar (With Jatin-Lalit and Sadhna Sargam), Pehla Nasha (Duet with Sadhna Sargam):
Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikandar.
6. Jaadu Teri Nazar (Solo), Tu Mere Saamne (Duet with Lata Mangeshkar):
Famous Udit Narayan songs from the movie Darr.
7. Tu Cheez Badi Hai Mast Mast (Duet with Kavita Krishnamurthy), Tip Tip Barsa Paani (Duet with Alka Yagnik):
8. Kya Karen Kya Na Karen (Solo), Yaaron Sun Lo Zara (Duet with Chitra):
9. Ruk Ja O Dil Deewane (Solo), Mehndi Laga Ke Rakhna (Duet with Lata Mangeshkar), Ho Gaya Hai Tujhko To Pyar Sajna (Duet with Lata Mangeshkar):
Dil Wale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge.
10. Raja Ko Rani Se Pyar Hogaya (Duet with Alka Yagnik):
Akele Hum Akele Tum.
11. Aaye Ho Meri Zindagi Mein (Solo), Kitna Pyaara Tujhe Rab Ne Banaya (Duet with Sapna Awasthi), Pardesi Pardesi Jaana Nahi (Duet with Alka Yagnik):
12. Ho Nahi Sakta (Solo):
13. Ishq Hua Kaise Hua (Duet with Vibha Sharma), Dekho Dekho Jaanam Hum (Duet with Alka Yagnik), Neend Churai Meri (With Kumar Sanu and Kavita Krishnamurthy):
Trendy Udit Narayan songs from the movie Ishq.
14. Dil To Pagal Hai, Bholi Si Surat:
Duet with Lata Mangeshkar in the movie Dil To Pagal Hai.
15. Koi Mil Gaya (Duet with Kavita Krishnamurthy), Kuch Kuch Hota Hai (Duet with Alka Yagnik), Tujhe Yaad Na Meri Aayi (With Alka Yagnik and Manpreet Akhtar):
Kuch Kuch Hota Hai.
16. E Ajnabi (Duet with Mahalakshmi Iyer):
17. Mera Mann (Duet with Alka Yagnik), Chaha Hai Tujhko (Duet with Sadhna Sargam), Nasha Ye Pyar Ka Nasha, Khushiyan Aur Gham:
A few Udit Narayan songs from the movie Mann.
18. Chand Chupa Badal Mein (Duet with Alka Yagnik):
Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam.
19. Taal Se Taal Mila (Duet with Alka Yagnik):
20. Dil Ne Yeh Kaha Hai Dil Se (Duet with Alka Yagnik), Na Na Karte Pyaar (With Alka Yagnik and Kumar Sanu):
The classic Udit Narayan songs in the movie Dhadkan.
21. Chupke Sun (Duet with Alka Yagnik), Socho Ke Jheelon Ka Shehar Ho (Duet with Alka Yagnik):
22. Kaho Na Pyaar Hai (Duet with Alka Yagnik), Pyaar Ki Kashti Mein (Duet with Alka Yagnik):
Kaho Naa… Pyaar Hai.
23. Humko Humise Chura Lo (Duet with Lata Mangeshkar), Zinda Rehti Hain Unki Mohabbatein, Aankhein Khuli:
24. Jaane Kyon (Duet with Alka Yagnik):
Dil Chahta Hai.
25. Hamesha Tumko Chaha (Duet with Kavita Krishnamurthy), Bairi Piya (Duet with Shreya Ghoshal), Chhalak Chhalak (Duet with Vinod Rathod):
More Udit Narayan songs from the movie Devdas.
26. Tere Naam:
27. Koi Mil Gaya (Duet with K. S. Chitra), Idhar Chala Main Udhar Chala (Duet with Alka Yagnik):
Koi… Mil Gaya.
The list of Udit Narayan songs is endless because almost all the songs he has sung are superhit and widely played. Undoubtedly, he is one of the greatest playback singers that Bollywood is blessed with. There is no particular period for great artists like Udit Narayan. They live forever. And, we hope we will be hearing his melodious voice in songs that will be released in the coming years as well.