Celebrities News●0 min read●
Satyajit Ray’s Iconic Film “Pather Panchali” (1955) Gets The “Best Indian Film Of All Time” By FIPRESCI
Rare mastery of filmmaker Satyajit Ray’s feature film “Pather Panchali” (1955) has been declared as “The Best Indian Film Of All Time” by the International Federation of Film Critics (FIPRESCI).
“Pather Panchali ” is based on Bibhutibhushan Bandyopadhyay’s 1929 Bengali novel of the same name, “Pather Panchali ” was Aparajito Ray(Satyajit Ray)’s directorial debut. This film was released in 1955 and won an Oscar for Lifetime Achievement in 1992.
As per a press release issued by FIPRESCI-India, the poll was conducted by 30 members in secret and selected the top 10 Indian films to pick the best Indian film of all time.
After so many decades, “Pather Panchali” got one more award. Once again, Ray proved that human emotions and rural life makes the history of Indian Cinema. Very recent Indian film director Aneek Dutta made the film “Aparajito”(2022) as a tribute to master filmmaker Satyajit Ray in his birth century. It is inspired by the story behind the making of Ray’s iconic film “Pather Panchali”.
This list of Indian masterpieces feature film:
- Ritwik Ghatak’s 1960 drama “Meghe Dhaka Tara” (Bengali)
- Mrinal Sen’s 1969 drama “Bhuvan Shome” (Hindi)
- Adoor Gopalakrishnan’s 1981 drama “Elippathayam” (Malayalam)
- Girish Kasaravalli’s 1977 film “Ghatashraddha” (Kannada)
- MS Sathyu’s 1973 movie “Garm Hava” (Hindi)
- Ray’s 1964 film “Charulata” (Bengali) is based on R.N Tagore’s 1901novella “Nasta Nir (The Broke Nest)”. It starred Soumitra Chattopadhyay and Madhavi Devi.
- Shyam Benegal’s 1974 film “Ankur” (Hindi)
- Guru Dutt’s 1954 film “Pyaasa” (Hindi)
- 1975 blockbuster “Sholay” (Hindi), directed by Ramesh Sippy, starred Amitav Bachchan, Jaya Bachchan, Dharmendra, Hema Malini, Sanjeev Kumar, and Amjad Khan.